On Feb. 1st “the gang” went to the Pueblo to help out with a Big Brother Big Sister activity, make tamales, and have dinner at a nice restaurant called Tu Paradore. There will be blogs about the other two activities separate from this blog. I am going to talk once again about food, I love food.
This restaurant is stunning. It is positioned right off the highway although at night the highway actually adds some spunk to the restaurant. The bridge of the highway has lights that change between attractive different colors (blues, purples, pinks, reds, oranges, yellows, greens, etc.). Guillermo, the owner of the restaurant, really gave us a once in a lifetime experience. I could tell that he really cared about the food he was going to give us. He explained all the drinks to us as well as explained the whole menu to us. We then decided each on what we would start off with, in addition to what our main course would be. At the restaurant in total there was as follows: Jill, her dad Todd, Lydell, Michelle Smaby, Gabi, her son and our classmate Joey, one of Katie’s friend’s Dani, Katie, Mike and myself. I decided to start off with an artichoke salad and for my main course grilled vegetables.
First, all of his vegetables are grown in his garden and all the fish and seafood is caught that morning by him. My starter came out and it was a whole artichoke with just a little salad surrounding it. I had never eaten an artichoke like that…
I ripped off a piece and stuck the whole thing in my mouth, I was chewing and chewing but it wasn’t disintegrating. I looked up at Guillermo and whispered, “Ugh, how do I eat this? How do I swallow it?” He laughed a little and showed me how to do it and it was game on with the artichoke. I plowed right through it in probably ten minutes. It was absolutely delicious and garlicky…amazing. Subsequently the server brought over a finger bath for me after my delicious endeavor with the artichoke.
Following our starter we all received a little sphere of sherbet for a pallet cleanser (A.K.A mouth refresher). I’ve never had that before at a restaurant. It was a good tasting first.
At that time I got my main course, sautéed vegetables with garlic that were then put into the oven with cheese all over them. These vegetables were cooked to perfection (and that’s an exaggeration)!! As usual Jill and I got two different things then split them in half and shared. She got the ravioli, which was also scrumptious. Her dad Todd got fish and Jill and I reluctantly again tried the fresh meat and decided it was good/okay. Coming from two ladies who don’t like fish, I think it’s a safe guess to say that the fish was remarkable.
The night ended with desert, as it always does. Todd, Jill and I decided to share a piece of key lime pie despite the fact that we were filled to the brim. We paid the bill and packed up on an expedition to our humble abode for some relaxation after a meal that immense and that grand. The restaurant was a little pricey but the experience was one in a lifetime, remarkable place!!!
Mercedes Forslund
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.