Thursday, June 7, 2012

Feeling so refreshed!

Just enjoyed a nice shower after a long day of walking around and seeing sights.  We had class today and I was pretty much lost during most of it, my second class of the day I didn't understand anything until the end when she said tapas, THAT I understood!  Which reminds me, when I looked at my blog last night after posting I saw that a post I had made telling you what tapas are was not there soooo I will explain.  We went on a Tapas tour the other night.  This is what the Spaniards do for socializing.  They go out in the evening and bar hop, but it isn't like our bar hopping back in the states which the main purpose is to get drunk.  In Spain they go from bar to bar order 1 drink and get different tapas, which are pretty much like appetizers but really from what I saw they are quite large compared to a meatball on a stick.  Most of them we had were  served on a small piece of bread, one had shrimp and garlic, one a skewer with like chicken peppers and onion, one had  a piece of chorizo (which happened to be my favorite!) and then one served more like seafood stuff, calamari and I don't know what else, the last one we went to had jamon that they sliced right there in front of us.  So the people here use this time to socialize not really drinking, plus when you are eating food that helps you keep from drinking too much.  Anyways, it was a lot of fun!!
Today we had a cooking lesson at the restaurant that we had our welcome dinner, I tried one that had wild mushroom and a different kind of tomato than we have, they said it is less acidic, one person told me it is similar to a tomatillo, it was quite tasty.  Then we were off to a Art Deco museum, we weren't allowed to take pictures in the museum and I sure wish we could have it was beautiful.  The ceiling had a bunch of stained glass it was pretty from the outside but once you got in it was breath taking!  Upstairs the view of the city was unbelievable too!!

I am happy I have found a great place to buy water, it is right on my way home from the restaurant we eat our meals at so I can finally get the hydration I have been missing so much!!

Well I have some homework to do and research on the area we are going to for our excursion on Saturday so I know what I want to buy when I get there so I think I will sign off for now!

Bye!

Chantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.