Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wednesday in Spain

Well todays classes went better than yesterdays, except for the fact that we got homework today.  After lunch which was a tasty kinda of lasagna type dish but much too skimpy for all the walking around you do here, we stopped for some gelato, I got the mojito, and it was just ok, don't think I would get it again but glad I tried it.  Tonight, excuse me this afternoon(it is not night until 21:30) we had a film to watch but it was all Spanish with no subtitles so I opted out to do some homework in the lobby of the hotel, didn't get a lot done but some any how.  Then we had a lecture on something, not sure what as again all Spanish and the room was soooo cold all I wanted to do was curl up and take a nap, sure glad I didn't fall off my chair!  Then the outing for the night was a visit to the Bull Fighting Museum.  The costumes are certainly beautiful and I understand it is the culture of Spain but I am not such a fan, as an animal lover I just can't.  What I did find interesting though is that only the bull fighter can wear a costume with gold on it, the people helping out are lower than him and are required to wear silver adornments.  Can't wait til Friday, we don't have any scheduled activities after classes and I plan on getting to a bank and finally converting some money to get some shopping done!!  I have already found some really cute things to bring back for family and friends (and me too! shoes!)  I think someone will be getting a purse, I think she knows who she is!  It is not a matter of need but want,  right?!  Well off to finish up homework, probably make another post tomorrow as we have a cooking lesson at a fancy restaurant tomorrow night.  Hope they show us how to make those yummy tapas we had the other night!

Chantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.