Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Segovia and Avila Excursion

Wow!  The aquaduct is sooo amazing in person, it is hard to believe something like this can still be standing after 2000 years with nothing holding the stones together when you think about water coming thru you would think it would wash out the stones too.  I got some amazing shots but my camera battery died on me so I have to charge before I can load anything up and the internet isn't working so hot tonight again.  It was a very long and tiring day but a lot of fun!  For lunch I had something different, I was told this was a typical tortilla in Spain, not like the Mexican ones this is a sandwich on bread with like scrambled eggs and I was told potato even though I didn't taste any potato.  It was tasty.  We also visited Alcatraz which is a castle, the legend had it that this castle is what inspired Walt Disney for Sleeping Beauty's castle but this was later deemed false as it was a castle in Germany that in fact was the inspiration.  I got some really neat shots there too.  The weather was actually cool, I had to wear my sweatshirt for the first time since I got here, I took it off not long after we reached Segovia but I put it back on when we got to Avila, very windy.  I am getting a nice tan though!
When we got back it was almost time for dinner so when we had walked down to the bar that we eat all of our meals at the crowd was pretty big as there was a big "football" game going between Portugal and Germany, they are right next to each country but you root for Portugal all the way.  For dessert they gave us a beer because of the game, never been given a beer for dessert before.  Since I am not a beer drinker I passed it along to someone else.  Tomorrow night I am guessing it will be crazy in the streets as Spain is playing.

Well I think it is time for bed, I am wore out.

Bye
Chantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.